Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Smashed Oven Spuds

Tonight I cooked a roast that Beth brought over, but I didn't want to do mashed potatoes because it's so close to Thanksgiving and you can overdo on them. So I wanted to do this smashed potato that I'd seen on Pinterest but it was done with red potatoes and I didn't have any.  I did have some good old Idaho spuds though, so I washed them, cut them in have width wise and boiled them till they were tender but not too tender.  I figured I'd just work with what I had so here they are.  Geoffrey said they were great.

Idaho potatoes washed and rinsed (however many you want)
Salt to taste
fresh pepper to taste
Rosemary - I used fresh but dry is fine (just sprinkle over the top)
Smoked Gouda (I just grated it and sprinkled it on top) you could use any
     cheese you like.
Olive oil (or melted butter - but I did like the flavor of the olive oil)

Take each potato and place them on a well greased cookie sheet.  Using a potato masher, slightly smash each potato.  Salt and pepper them to taste.  Sprinkle with the rosemary and cheese and drizzle olive oil  fairly generously over the top. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 to 30 min. or till they start to brown slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment