Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Disneyland's Snickerdoodle Cookies

I had to take 50 large cookies to the Temple one night and wanted something special so I got on Pinterest and found this recipe from Six Sisters. I'm still weeks later having people tell me how
good they were. Snickerdoodles have never been my favorite, but I really liked these too.  I made them with the scoop just below the regular size ice cream scoop. I get rave reviews from these and they are Genevieve's very favorite.  Don't under bake.  They should be slightly crackeled on top and puffy not completely flat (if they're flat, you've most likely underbaked them or had the butter too soft when you mixed them up).

 3 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 c. butter, softened
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Topping:
3 Tblsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon (I was a little more generous)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.  Set aside.
In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.  Add the eggs, milk and vanilla.  Mix well.  Add the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated.
In another small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar for the topping.

Form the dough into 1 inch balls and drop them into the cinnamon/sugar mixture.  Roll around pressing the dough into the sugar mixture.  Before moving them to a parchment lined cookie sheet, I sprinkle a little more sugar on the top of each cookie. Since I'm using the scoop just under the largest scoop, mine are probably a little more than 1", so I stagger the cookies ending up with just 8 cookies on the sheet.
Bake for approximately 12-13 minutes or till cracks just start to form on the top.




No comments:

Post a Comment