Pages

Monday, December 26, 2016

Prime Rib with Garlic Herb Butter

I actually found this on facebook and made it for Christmas dinner and it was FANTASTIC.  The original recipe said to cook it for 5 min. per lb. and I cooked it for about 7 1/2 min. per lb.  I know prime rib is supposed to be a bit rare, but I don't like mine to be able to crawl off the plate.  It turned out fantastic.  As usual with meat, I let it rest about 10 min. before carving it and I forgot to make the gravy, but it was still great!

1 c. butter, softened
7 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tblsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 Tblsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
2 Tblsp. salt
1 Tblsp. pepper
5-7 lb. boneless, ribeye roast
2 Tblsp. flour
2 c. beef stock

preheat oven to 500 degrees
Mix butter, herbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
Rub the butter all over the roast then place it on a rack in a pan and
bake 5 min. per lb. (I did 45 min. for a 6 lb. roast because I like it cooked more)
Turn off the heat and let the roast sit for 2 hours without opening the oven.
After the 2 hours remove the roast from the pan and pour the pan drippings
into a saucepan on medium heat.
Add the flour, whisking until there are no lumps, then add the beef stock,
stirring and bringing the sauce to a boil.
Remove from heat and strain the sauce into a gravy dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment