Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Whipped Sweet Potatoes

Char gave this to me around Christmas. I absolutely love the praline sweet potatoes, but I'm afraid
it has been surpassed by these.  They had some similarities like they both used baked sweet potatoes, butter and cream, but no praline topping, which lessened the guilt of eating them. This might be my main "go to"when it comes to sweet potatoes.  I will still always love the praline version though. Also, this recipe is a total 'by taste' recipe, so if you like it less sweet or more salty, just adjust it for you.

8-10 large yams, scrubbed and poked
1/2 oj
1/2 c. cream
1/2 c. melted butter
1/2 to 2/3 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. salt (I prefer a little more)
1 tsp. pepper

Bake the potatoes at 375 till tender.  Allow to cool till you can handle them to peel them.
Peel into a mixing bowl that you can whip them in and add the remaining ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment