Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Blackbean, Rice, and Veggie Salad

I must have gotten this recipe from a magazine  I was reading in some waiting room (probably the dentist). I always carry a notebook in my purse for just this kind of thing...you never know when you'll run into something good and I never rip something out of someone else's magazines...one of my few good qualities. I just made it and found it was right up my alley.  I substituted brown rice for the basmati rice and added an avocado.  Even Dan liked it (course, he's on a diet right now andis being really good about eating just about anything - but I got no complaints.
Makes: about 5 cups

1/4 c. virgin olive oil
1/4 c. lime juice
1 1/2 c. cooked basmati rice, cooled
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed
1 c. finely diced carrots
3/4 c. raw corn kernels (I used thawed frozen sweet corn)
3/4 c. finely chopped and seeded tomatoes (I used Roma)
1/4 c. minced Italian parsley
1/4 c. minced fresh cilantro - yum!
2 Tblsp. finely chopped red onion or sweet onion
Salt & pepper

Just mix em all together and enjoy!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment