Pages

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Mushroom Risotto

 I love, love, love, risotto especially mushroom risotto.  Now I know that England is not known for their good food, but that is where I had mushroom risotto for the first time.  It's a very dangerous thing that I've now found an easy recipe for it...in the Instant Pot! My electric pressure cooker right now doesn't have a saute setting, so I have to do the sauteing in a pan first and then dump it into the cooker just before I add the 2 c. of chicken broth.  It wasn't that big of a deal...it certainly won't stop me from making it. It says it serves 4, but I think more like 5-6.

1 Tblsp. Olive oil
1 small onion, diced small
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 c. aborio rice
1/4 c. white wine or chicken broth
2 c. chicken broth
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
1 - 2 Tblsp. butter
1/4 c. parmesan

1.    Heat oil in an Instant Pot on the saute setting
2.    Add onions and mushrooms and garlic.  Cook 3 - 4 minutes.
3.    Add rice and cook 2 - 3 minutes more.  Add wine or the 1/4 c. chicken broth and scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pot.
4.    Stir in the 2 c. broth and seasonings.  Place lid on and cook on high pressure for 5 min.
5.    After the 5 minutes, let it naturally release pressure for 10 minutes.  Open the lid and add the butter and parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment