Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Not Yo' Mama's Banana PuddingI

Got this from Paula (we're on a first name basis now).  Dan's family calls the original recipe that has just the pudding, bananas, and vanilla wafers Sitting Bull.  I think I like this fancied up version better.  It has you using these chessman cookies.  I didn't have any so I just used vanilla wafers...you could also use graham crackers and I'm sure they would work also.  I made mine in a trifle dish instead of a pan and it was cute and yummy. (I sprinkled mini vanilla wafers on top). I also used lowfat cream cheese, whipped topping, and milk.

1 12- oz. container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount of whipped cream
1 14-oz. an sweetened condensed milk
1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
2 c. milk
1 5-oz. box instant French vanilla pudding
6-8 bananas, sliced (I only used about 5)
 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies

Line the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top. (I did this in my trifle dish).
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well - I used a whisk. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. (I used my mixer).  Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.  Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended.  Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies.  (I did about 3 layers of cookies, bananas, and pudding - ending with pudding).  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment