Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes

These are seriously good.  I went into the city with a friend and we stopped at Sprinkles for some cupcakes.  I was really excited to taste the because I had heard so much about them.  I got 6 different kinds and took the home.  Then I split each one 6 ways (lots of fellow curious people at home) and we each tried them all.  I found that while they were very good, they were nothing that I couldn't make at home. That began my search for all the ultimate cupcakes I could find.  This one is my first.  Actually, my first would be my double chocolate fudge cake with the chocolate fudge frosting and whoopy pie cream in the center...yum.

Makes: 24 cupcakes
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes:
1 box white (or yellow) cake mix - I use Duncan Hines but you'll have to add 1/4 c. more cake mix because
they've started making the mixes smaller
1 (3oz.) box strawberry jello
1/2 c. pureed strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 c. frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed)
1/2 c. oil
4 eggs

Strawberry Lemonade Frosting:
1 c. unsalted butter (room temp.)
6 c. powdered sugar - sifted
1/2 c. pureed strawberries (fresh or frozen)
2 Tblsp. frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix and jello.  Add lemonade concentrate and oil; mix on medium speed.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.  Add strawberries and beat until blended.  Scoop with the scooper that's one step down from the ice cream size scooper and scoop one scoop into each liner and bake 18-20 minutes.

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with mixer until light and fluffy.  Add 3 c. powdered sugar, pureed strawberries and lemonade; mix well.  Mix in the remaining powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment