Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Easy Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese

Beth said she wasn't so much digging my Paula Deen's recipe of mac n cheese, which I love by the way. I guess to each his own.  I found this as I was going through one of my issues of Taste of Home so I tried it.  I actually baked it in the oven for 1/2 hour on 350, just because I wanted it fast.  It was very good and very creamy and didn't last long.  I still prefer Paula's recipe, but this was two thumbs up from everyone.

2 c. uncooked elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
1 c. 2% milk
1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 c. butter, cubed
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/8 tsp. salt
1 c. (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
1 c. (4 oz.) shredded fontina cheese
1 c. (4 oz) shredded provolone cheese

While you cook the macaroni, in a large saucepan, combine soup, milk, sour cream, butter and seasonings; cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended.  Stir in cheeses until melted.
Drain pasta; transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker.  Stir in cheese mixture.  Cook, covered, on low 1-2 hours or until heated through..

No comments:

Post a Comment