Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Honey-Fried Walleye

I know this calls for walleye, but I just grab any ole fish Sams or Costco has such as Talapia or flounder or whatever.  Being the non fish person that I am, and I would have to put Dan in that catagory too, we both actually liked this recipe. 

1 egg
1 tsp. honey
1 c. coarsely crushed saltines (about 22 crackers - I used wheat)
1/3 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 - 6 fish fillets
oil
additional honey
lemon or lime slices, optional

In a shallow bowl, beat egg and honey.  In another bowl, combine he cracker crumbs, flour, salt and pepper.  Dip fillets into egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.  In a large skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil; fry fish over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.  Drizzle with honey; garnish with lemon or lime if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment