Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Chicken Wild Rice Soup

I found this recipe from one of my Taste of Home magazines.  I changed it a bit cause I don't like soupy soups.  I like soups with a lot of stuff in them, so if you want a thinner soup, reduced the veggies, chicken and wild rice a bit and you'll have a soup you can almost drink - not my choice of a good soup.  If you like hearty, keep it the way I've made it and you'll be most happy.


Serves: 10-12

1/2 c. butter
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
3 carrots, finely chopped
3 celery ribs, finely chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 c. flour
4 c. chicken broth
3 c. cooked wild rice (I suppose you could use regular or brown rice if you wanted)
2 c. half-and-half cream (I think you could also use 2% to lighten it up)
3 c. cubed cooked chicken or turkey (I like rotisseries - they are my best friends)
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment