Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Easy Asian Cucumber Salad

I went looking for a recipe for Asian cucumbers when Genevieve told me that a mother of a friend of her's made the most amazing Asian cucumbers.  Challenge taken...I've found the most amazing Asian cucumbers....I'm not to be outdone ;) Vieves will sit and eat an entire container of these.

For 1 English cucumber:
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 Tblsp. sesame oil
3/4 Tblsp. soy sauce
1 Tblsp. sugar
3/4 Tblsp. rice vinegar
1 Tblsp. chili oil (I don't use that much)
1/2 Tblsp. sesame seeds (just use however much you like)
 
I make this in a mason jar...it's like 10 recipes all put together.  If you're going to the effort to make the small batch, you might as well just make the big batch and keep it in the fridge. I keep adding more cucumbers to the liquid in the container...I don't pour all of this big batch all at once onto a batch of cucumbers.  I just like having more in the fridge when I need more.
 
1 tsp. salt
1/4 c. sesame oil
1/3 c. light soy sauce
6 Tblsp. sugar
1/3 c. rice vinegar
2 Tblsp. chili oil
2 Tblsp. sesame seeds
 
1.  Rinse and slice one end of the cucumber at an angle.
2. Continue slicing at an angle. Slices should look more oval than round.  Thickness should be up to preference.
3. Put cucumbers into a container with a lid and pour some dressing over the top and shake with the lid on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment