Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Chicken Fried Rice

 I love this recipe only I usually use Spam...really, I do.  I don't eat Spam any other way, but in this, it's yummy.  This also makes up really fast.

2 Tblsp. toasted sesame oil (or veg. oil, even though it's bad for you unless it's olive or avocado)
1/2 c. diced onion (I really like sliced green onion instead)
1  frozen bag carrots and peas
4 eggs, scrambled
3 c. cooked rice
2 c. cooked chicken shredded or 1 can Spam
2 Tblsp. butter
salt and pepper
 
Heat a large frying pan or wok over medium heat. Add the sesame oil, onions, and carrots; saute until the carrots and onions are starting to become tender.
Add the peas to the pan and stir well.
Scramble eggs 
Add the soy sauce to the onion, carrots, peas, chicken (Spam), rice, butter, salt and pepper.
Serve with Yum Yum sauce if desired


No comments:

Post a Comment